The program I’ve selected is designed to challenge you, and feature every section:
- Hansel and Gretel Overture
- Features the French horns, woodwinds and strings
- American Salute
- Features the brass and woodwinds
- An American in Paris Suite
- Features soloists and percussion
- Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral
- Features the woodwinds and French horns
There are two logistical items we’ll need to solve quickly:
- The last four measures of “Elsa’s Procession” is not actually what Wagner wrote…the opera keeps going without a huge Eb Major cadence. Since some of us will be playing from different editions, please take a look at this PDF (Last page of Wagner) and copy down your part for the last four measures
- Brass(and some winds) – you’ll need to transpose your parts accurately. Try and figure this out on your own first (Google), and then check your work with a teacher.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!